1. Do the math with your gas! Have you ever figured out just how much it costs you to drive to Brampton to get your hair done or buy a new washing machine? Ontario companies and agencies pay mileage at rates of 35¢-50¢ per kilometre. That means they would calculate the cost of driving from Wasaga Beach to Brampton and back at a whopping $77 - $110! And, there are probably many things you would enjoy more than sitting in your car for several hours to travel back and forth.
2. Shopping in Wasaga Beach is eco-friendly. Most of us moved here for cleaner air and a healthier lifestyle. How much do you add to carbon dioxide emissions when you drive all those miles to buy something you could get here, usually within a mile or two of your home, sometimes within walking distance?
3. You can Ride the Wave, Wasaga’s new transit system to shop and do business. Save money and reduce your carbon footprint even more!
4. Wasaga Beach businesses help pay for municipal services you need and want! Local businesses contribute to local taxes. When you shop in Newmarket, your dollars help pay for services in Newmarket, not Wasaga Beach.
5. Wasaga Beach businesses contribute to local fundraising projects and community events. Visit any organized sporting event in Wasaga Beach see the number of Wasaga Beach businesses who are sponsoring teams. Go on the Library Garden Tour or the Kinette Club Christmas Tour of Homes and look at the long list of businesses contributing to the events. Wasaga Beach businesses contribute tens of thousands of dollars annually to community projects – improving the quality of life for our residents and guests.
6. Wasaga Beach businesses create jobs for Wasaga Beach residents.
7. A thriving business community will attract additional new businesses to Wasaga Beach. Investors and new business owners are looking for a community that supports its existing businesses.
8. Wasaga Beach businesses often offer services not available in larger centres.
For more information, contact the Chamber of Commerce at 429-2247